The Ascension Project
The Baal are a race of humanoids native to Sheol. They are medium sized creatures with red to black skin and horns and appear relatively similar to humans.
Biology: The reddish hue to their skin and the presence of horn like protrusions from the heads of both male and female individuals earned them their vaguely biblical name.
Biology: Female Baal physically, tend to be lithe and muscular, due to their warrior culture and martial upbringing, standing on average from 5’3" to 5’10". Horned protrusions extend from the upper forehead, varying regionally in shape, and continue to grow throughout the females life. Considered, almost universally to be very attractive by human standards; female Baal tend to be intimidating and brusque when dealing with other species but a charming, though fanged, smile is not unknown among the fairer sex of Sheol.
Baal Females gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity and a +2 bonus to Charisma.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Females have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: A Females speed is 30 feet.
- Dark Vision: Females can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Regeneration: A Female has a regeneration rate equal to her Constitution modifier.
- Naturally Adapted: Females are highly adapted to the environment of Sheol and so they gain a +5 bonus on all saves against high temperature effects, radiation and poisons.
*Random height: Female 5’ 5” + 2d6".
*Random weight: Female 100 lb + (result of 2d6 from height) × 10.
Biology: Baal Males are the embodiment of a millennia of war and sacrifice. Physically imposing, they tend to stand nearly 7’5" tall and weigh up to as much as 450lbs. A males skin is tough, almost scaled, and thoroughly armored. Horns grow into a helmet like structure over their head and face.
• Physical characteristics:
Baal males gain a +4 bonus to Strength,a +2 bonus to Constitution, a -4 penalty to Charisma and a -2 penalty to Dexterity.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, males have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Normal Speed: A males speed is 30 feet.
• Dark Vision: Males can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
• Scales: A males natural scales provide them with a natural Plating equal to 1/2 the characters level + Constitution score.
• Warrior Personality: Males are natural warriors, not diplomats. As such they prefer intimidating tactics and violence to solving problems with diplomacy. They gain a +2 bonus to Intimidate and a -4 penalty to Diplomacy.
• Regeneration: A male has a regeneration rate equal to his Constitution modifier.
• Naturally Adapted: Males are highly adapted to any sort of environment and so they gain a +5 bonus on all saves against high temperature effects, radiation and poisons.
• Random height: male 6’ 5” + 2d6.
• Random weight: male 300 lb + (result of 2d6 from height) × 15.
The Balor of Sheol: The genetic elite of the Baal are recognized at birth and placed in selective and highly dangerous training at a young age. The products of this training are the most effective killers Sheol has to offer.